Meet Pieter Van Dien
After 10 years of administering estates for a large national trust company, Pieter now focuses exclusively on providing estate planning, trust and probate legal services to Naples and the entire Collier County area.
Since settling in Naples in 1996, Pieter Van Dien has taken an active role in the local community, serving on several boards of local charities and organizations, including the Collier County Humane Society, the Young Lawyers Section of the Collier County Bar, and the Collier County Bar Association.
Among other distinctions, Pieter has received Gulfshore Business Magazine's "Forty Under Forty" award, and a Leadership Award from the Legal Aid Service of Collier County.
- University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law, Juris Doctor 1996
- Lehigh University, Bachelor of Arts (Government) 1993
Academic Honors: Cum Laude; Dean’s List
- Law Office of Pieter Van Dien, P.A. (2012 to present) - Founder of solo law practice with a concentration in the areas of estate planning, probate and trust administration.
- The Northern Trust Company (2002 to 2012) - Senior Vice President and manager of the estate settlement department for Collier and Lee counties.
- Goodlette, Coleman & Johnson, P.A. (2000 to 2002) - Associate attorney in residential and commercial real estate practice.
- Cardillo, Keith & Bonaquist, P.A. (1997 to 2000) - Associate attorney in general practice with a primary focus on estate planning, probate and real estate.
Service and Memberships
- President of the REVS Institute Volunteers (2013)
Board of Directors (2012 to 2014)
- President of the Collier County Bar Association (2009)
Board of Directors (2003 to 2011)
- President of the Collier County Bar Foundation (2008)
Board of Directors (2006 to 2010)
- President - Young Lawyers of the Collier County Bar (2002)
Board of Directors (2000-2003)
- Board of Directors of the Collier County Humane Society (1997 to 2000)
- Collier County Bar Association (Trusts & Estates and Real Property Sections)
- Florida Bar (Real Property, Probate & Trust Law and General Practice & Small Firm Sections)
- American Bar Association (Real Property, Trust & Estate Law and Solo, Small Firm & General Practice Sections)
Distinctions and Awards
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating (Trusts & Estates, Taxation and Wills & Probate)
- Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel - Graduate (2016)
- American Lawyer Magazine – Top Lawyer Designation (Trusts & Estates 2013)
- Leadership Award - Legal Aid Service of Collier County (2010)
- Forty Under Forty Award (Gulfshore Business Magazine 2008)
Presentations and Publications
- Florida Practice Series: Florida Estate Planning Vol. 13, Editor (estate & gift tax) (West Publishing 2014, 2015 & 2016)
- The Probate Process from Start to Finish (National Business Institute Seminar in Cape Coral, Florida - November 7, 2014)
- Discovering Assets in Estate Administration (National Business Institute Teleconference - December 4, 2013)
- Exploring Legal Issues of Collector Car Ownership (REVS Institute - April 16, 2013)
- Trusts in Estate Planning (Townsend Financial of Raymond James & Associates - September 20, 2012)